Friday, 6 June 2014

36. 47/50

This title corresponds with my mark in today's German exam. Actually I have had the best mark among all the students, so I am really proud. It has been our last day as well and I am kind of sad because I do not know whether I will see some of my colleagues next year or not. However we will organize a meeting to have a drink together and share our course opinions and feelings about next year. My teacher (Pedro) has told us that next level (B1) is completely harder than what we have done so far and that scares me a little. 

Yesterday night I sent my english resume to a Michael Page consultant in order to prepare our interview next wednesday. He has asked me several times what my english level was and, of course, I have said that I speak fluently and without problems. Perhaps I need more vocabulary and a better knowledge of phrasal verbs and some specific grammar rules. Actually one of the goals of this "Year I Advanced" project is improve this aspect. 

In the end I have seen my parents new car and it's amazing. It has a bright black color with huge lights and a sophisticated on board computer. The wheel was smaller than I expected but I hope I will get used quickly. I am really looking forward trying it and check the differences between this and our older car. 

English:

To make out: To give the impression that something is true when in fact it isn't. 
You never wanted to take that job. Don't make out you're disappointed you failed the interview.

Practice:
You can't do three jobs at one. That's totally impractical.
You're practically old enough to drive. Why don't you think about saving up for lessons?
You need to practise regularly if you want to improve.

To draw the curtains: Could you draw the courtains? The sun is shining in my eyes.

And tomorrow: Duatlon... 

DaniR

No comments:

Post a Comment