Firstly, I would like to explain why I want to take the CAE exam:
Last time I officially
studied English was almost four years ago, when I was in Norway . I know
that my level is quite high, so I can communicate with everyone and I
understand almost everything when I listen to the radio or I read a book.
Anyway, I would like to refresh my knowledge and correct some mistakes I
probably do and I am not aware of that. I should also learn more vocabulary.
It's also a way
to prove recruiters and companies that I have a really good command in English.
And finally I could need the official certificate if I decide to work
abroad.
Once we have
the reasons clarified, let's see how I am going to organize my time.
I work 8 hours
a day and I travel by train around 2. I don't work in the weekend so then I would have time to study. Anyway, I have no the intention of studying in a traditional way
(you know: opening books, memorizing and doing exercises). I will do what I
have been doing until today (reading, listening to the radio and talking with
my English speaker friends), but also I will study some grammar (perhaps I read
it in the train), I will watch more TV series in English and in some months I
will start doing tests.
As I said, I'm
able to speak good English and I do not want to study to pass an exam. I want
to pass an exam to prove what I really know.
My sources will
be, at this moment:
Online TV
Series
Books from the
library
BBC
Worldservice
I probably add
some more during these next weeks. But so far, I think it would be enough.
By the way, one of the problems I will have would be the fact that I'm also studying German (level B1).
DaniR
No comments:
Post a Comment