In my opinion firing people is one of the hardest aspects in any job. Today I have had to fire one of my employees so she was not performing well and it was necessary an adjustment in the team.
Good things about today are that I have gone again to the Gym, so I am accomplishing my goals in that sense. I have run for 20 minutes to warm up and then I have done some working out, focusing into arms and chest.
Then, on the train I have read a part of a book in Deutsch to refresh vocabulary and sentences structure.
English:
To head off: To take action to avoid something unpleasant happening.
The company is attempting to head off criticism on their recent poor performance by pointing out the difficult economic conditions worlwide.
Wash:
Is that shirt washable or does it need to be taken to the dry cleaners?
If you are going to the shop could you buy some washing up liquid?
I think the car must have gone unwashed for weeks. It looks filthy.
To put someone's mind at rest: I tried to put her mind at rest that everything would be OK.
DaniR
No comments:
Post a Comment