Thursday, 22 May 2014

21. The end of chapter 9.

Happy Thursday. This morning I decided not going to the Gym because I was exhausted. I stayed at home doing some homework and updating my resume in English. My homework consisted in writing an essay about a music band from Germany. I have chosen Rammstein because they are one of the few bands from that country I know. 

Afterwards I have almost completed my resume but I still need to write something about my hobbies and interests. I don't really know whether it is useful to explain too many things about you or not, anyway I want to write it. 

On the train I have finished chapter 9 about non comparative scales and tonight I will start next chapter about survey design. It's been interesting reading theory and watching its application at work. Sometimes when I read some specific paragraph I recall a situation in my job, and in the other hand, when I am working comes to my mind some concept o theory I read some hours before. 

English:

Hit on something: To think of a problem or a solution.
I couldn't decide what to get her for her birthday. Then I hit on a great idea.

Extreme:
There were a small group of political extremists at the university who were heavily involved in student politics.
I was extremely pleased with my exam result, which turned out to be much higher than I'd expected.
There was a steady decline in political extremism in many countries around the world.

To cost a fortune:
That dress looks expensive. It must have cost a fortune.

DaniR

No comments:

Post a Comment