Friday, 30 May 2014

29. Oh rainy Friday

I barely remember last time it has rained and there have been storms in my region. I pretty love this kind of days and weather especially when I am at home. Enjoying hearing raindrops while you are watching a movie or spending a good time with your friends, couple or family is, in my opinion, one of the best little big pleasures in life. 

I actually feel comfortable with rain; therefore I lived in Bergen for more than 5 months. As you may know, Bergen is also called the city of rain. I think it rained the 80% of the days I was there, anyway it was a soft rain with tiny drops and sometimes you barely got wet. I believe that exists magic, a special atmosphere, behind a raining day. 

Today I am starting chapter 12 about how to determine the size of the sample in terms of research. That will be the only thing about the project I will do today, since I have had a stressing day (I have done part of the Deutsch exam, the writing section) and I deserve some rest after all. By the way today's class has been hilarious because the teacher has asked me to explain something in front of the class, pretending I was the lecturer, and asking for examples and answers. However I hate Goethe's institute electronic board!

English:

Pull up: To slow down and stop (in a vehicle)
I was waiting for a bus this morning when Steve pulled up in his new car and offered me a lift.

Define:
Now, who can give me a definition for this word?
He'll be in hospital for an indefinite period of time. It could be a few days, it might be several weeks.
I'm definitely not coming here again.

To make a(n) offer: 
I've decided I'm going to make a(n) offer on that house before someone else comes along and buys it. 

DaniR



No comments:

Post a Comment